December 2021 Eclipse Festival of Frequency Measurement
Calling all stations: Join us for
The December 2021 Antarctic Eclipse Festival
Kristina Collins: email@example.com
- How do the propagation paths of shortwave time standard stations vary over a calendar day?
- What properties of the ionosphere are we able to measure by observing the variation in these HF propagation paths?
- What effect will the annular eclipse have on these propagation paths?
- How do various measurement techniques for understanding the path variation compare?
- Is there volunteer interest in collecting data in the regions near totality for this eclipse?
- Promote international goodwill by working with citizen scientists around the globe
- Measure Doppler shifts caused by space weather's effects on the ionosphere.
- Data recording starts: 01 December 2021, 0000 UTC
- Data recording ends: 10 December 2021, 2359 UTC
How to Participate
1) Sign up on the Eclipse Festival mailing list: https://groups.google.com/g/eclipse-festival
2) Collect data according to the instructions on this page: hamsci.org/doppler-instructions
3) Submit data here: https://cwru.app.box.com/f/3300f6a225af40a4b70f653583c9e361